每日听写 | 4.10-4.14初级汇总

栏目:继续教育  时间:2023-04-24
手机版

  原标题:每日听写 | 4.10-4.14初级汇总

  15

  星期六

  2023年4月

  GWEN听写一周五天陪伴你?

  GWEN听写团队

  GWEN平台有且仅有GWEN一位老师

  且平台每日推送均为免费

  收费课程在开课前平台会发推文

  班委不会主动加好友 加好友请慎重

  _

  初级

  得寸进尺用英语怎么说

  _

  材料汇总

  每日听写4.10-4.14汇总音频:进度条00:00 04:17 后退15秒倍速 快进15秒

  每日听写 | 4.10-4.14初级汇总

  In the United States, many people use the English system for measuring.

  在美国,许多人使用英制单位。

  While some people use the metric system, our idioms and expressions often stick with measurement words from the English system.

  虽然有些人使用公制单位,但我们的习语和短语往往坚持使用英制单位中的测量词。

  Today, we talk about expressions using the word mile.

  今天,我们来谈论使用“mile”的短语。

  And we have miles and miles of them!

  我们有很多含有“mile”的短语!

  That means we have a lot.

  意思是我们有很多。

  For example, if you can run a mile a minute, you can run very fast.

  例如,如果你一分钟能跑一英里,表示你跑得很快。

  So, we can use the expression “a mile a minute” to describe people who do things very quickly.

  所以,我们可以用短语“a mile a minute”来形容做事非常快的人。

  For example, Sarah was very excited about her trip!

  例如,萨拉对她的旅行感到兴奋不已!

  When she told us about it, she talked a mile a minute.

  当她向我们讲述她的旅行时,她说话的速度非常快。

  We could barely follow what she was saying!

  我们几乎听不懂她在说什么!

  Here is another example.

  下面是另一个例子。

  Sam is a very quick problem-solver.

  萨姆解决问题的速度很快。

  His brain seems to work a mile a minute.

  他的大脑似乎转得很快。

  Now, when we talk about running a race, we use both kilometers and miles.

  现在,当我们谈论赛跑时,我们用公里和英里。

  However, when we use the expression "go the extra mile", we only use mile.

  然而,当我们使用“go the extra mile”这个短语时,我们只用“mile”。

  If you run a race that is 10 miles long and you run 11 miles, you have run farther than others and farther than needed.

  如果你参加一场10英里跑步比赛,你跑了11英里,你跑得比别人远,而且比你需要跑的路程远。

  So, when we go the extra mile, we do more than is asked of us.

  因此,“go the extra mile”的意思是我们付出的比别人要求我们付出的多。

  We do this to prove we are hardworking or dedicated to something.

  我们这样做是为了证明我们对某事努力或专心致志。

  For example, many friends were only supposed to collect used books for a literary organization.

  例如,许多朋友本该只为文学组织收集旧书。

  But Tory went the extra mile; she delivered the books to needy families in the community.

  但托里比别人付出了更多的努力,她把旧书发送到社区里的贫困家庭。

  A mile is equal to 1.6 kilometers.

  一英里等于1.6公里。

  That is far enough away that you cannot see, smell, or notice something.

  距离足够远了,以致于你看不到、闻不到或注意不到什么东西。

  Well, at least it should be.

  好吧,至少应该是这样。

  So, if we say, “I could see that from a mile away,” it means something is very noticeable.

  所以,如果我们说,“I could see that from a mile away”,意思是某事物非常明显。

  For example, I can spot a liar from a mile away.

  例如,我非常容易就能找出说谎的人。

  That means I am very good at detecting people who do not tell the truth.

  意思是我非常善于发现那些不说真话的人。

  Even if they are a mile from me, I can tell.

  即使他们离我一英里远,我也能看出来。

  If a scent is very strong, you could say you smell it from a mile away.

  如果气味很浓,你可以说你很容易就闻到了。

  I don’t know what cologne that man was wearing, but I could smell it a mile away.

  我不知道那个男人喷的是什么古龙水,但我很容易就闻到了。

  To be a million miles away is even farther.

  一百万英里之外就更远了。

  We often use that expression to mean lost in thought.

  我们经常用这个短语来表示陷入沉思。

  If I am a million miles away, I seem very far away from those around me.

  如果我陷入沉思,我似乎离我周围的人很远。

  We can also use it to compare things.

  我们也可以用它来比较事物。

  For example, her goals for her future and her parent’s goals for her future were a million miles apart.

  例如,她对自己未来的目标和她父母对她未来的目标相去甚远。

  The two goals had nothing in common.

  这两个目标毫无共同之处。

  Our last expression describes people who are selfish and greedy.

  我们最后一个短语形容的是自私和贪婪的人。

  They always want more.

  他们总是想要更多。

  If you give some people a little of something, they will often take a lot.

  如果你给某些人一点东西,他们往往会索取很多。

  I knew a woman who was like that.

  我认识一个这样的女人。

  Every time I "gave her an inch, she took a mile."

  每次我让步,她就会“得寸进尺”。

  She always wanted more from the people around her.

  她总是想从她身边的人那里得到更多。

  听写方法

  众所周知,听写是练习精听最好的方法。很多同学不知道怎么听写。下面简单介绍一下我听写时的方法。

  第一步:完整的听一遍所有内容,对听写内容有大概的了解,并且抓住了一些核心词汇,为等一下的听写初步减轻难度。

  第二步:以每个单句或意群为单位,一句一句的听,暂停后写。比如4.11听写内容中hang on a minute,听到这里可以点击暂停并写下这句。

  第三步:边听边写。如果听完却没有写完,也没有记住漏掉的单词,那么返回去重听,补充漏掉的词。

  第四步:如果一句话反复听了五遍还是没有听出来一些单词,做好标记,放弃。继续听下面。

  第五步:如此下来一篇听完了。完成今天的任务了么?不!千万不要丢掉极其重要的一步:校对!

  有两个方面要校对:

  1.没有听出来的意群:可能包括连读或者省音,分析错误的原因并做笔记。

  2.没有听出来或听错的单词:每篇校对后写在听写笔记下面并罗列,这些才是你每天的进步之基。

  

  TeacherGwen听写

  等你好久了,加入我们吧

  A little effort every day,

  you will make a big difference.

  公益语言教育 | 覆盖千万英语学习需求的你我

  讲座| 早读 | 听力 | 词汇 | 免费 | 口语

  或在喜马拉雅搜索TeacherGwen每日听写获取

  责任编辑:

上一篇:5类教师未来将成真正“香饽饽”,学校抢着要,人才缺口很大
下一篇:技师学院直升职业本科?多地发文表示

最近更新继续教育